Friday 18 November 2011

ILTN1001 Illustration Origin and Function - Week 8 (17/11/2011)

Ok so Today in my lecture we covered the 18th and 19th. centuries in illustration history, We looked into how with the advent of books making information easily accessible to the masses some people began using the medium to create works of fiction.

We also looked at how illustrators and artist began creating artwork that was much more critical and commutative on the governmental hierarchy which is still a very prominent subject of interest in todays illustrators.

We were then set the task of choosing a well known figure wether it be from history or modern times and were asked to create a caricature of them.

We then split up for a short break to gather information.

After that we got to work, I went for an obvious and kind of an easy one in George Bush Jr.

Overall I'm rather happy with how mine came out I got the character down pretty will and even tried to add some features that refer to their past misfortunes.

I did notice after pinning it up along with everyone else's and comparing them that I' dont seem to be very confident with my mark making, my lines where much lighter and there was a lot less shading so I think thats something I need to work on. I need to try to be bolder and more expressive with my line work.

Well thats all for now, thanks for reading :).

No comments:

Post a Comment