Monday 28 November 2011

CDME1001 Communication Skills in Digital Media - Week 9 (25/11/2011)

This week in communication skills my group set about to finish planning and filming the short film assignment we were given last week called "A Chance Encounter"

We had pre booked the camera and tripod and had originally planned on meeting up on a Tuesday to finish the storyboard and treatment but ended up not doing it despite my going to the place and time decided to find no one around.

Regardless we managed to get it done although crudely.

We set about filming it using my flat room as the set, we couldn't figure out how to attach the camera to the tripod so for the shots that warranted it we just stuck it on with masking tape.

Personally I feel that the team was unprepared and somewhat unorganised, we really should have put more thought into our story board and treatment and should have asked when we were unsure about what to do as we had some difficulty figuring out what a treatment even was.

I have to say I don't think the idea we chose best reflected the idea of the task and seemed almost like a random nonsensical film with no real plot. I felt we should have brainstormed more on ideas instead of what seemed like use going for the one that seemed the easiest.

I don't mean to sound egotistical but I did like my idea of a man finding himself in an unfamiliar place as we works his way in deeper to the place he finds that he is being pursued by an unseen monster. I would have ultimately have the film end with the moster catching up with the man and having it cut to black.

Sadly it was deemed "to difficult" by our group but I think it could have been relatively easy to execute, using the university hallways for the "unfamiliar place" and having the "unseen monster" simply be me holding the camera moving in a monstrous fashion, sure it might have been a little dark but that how I like it :).

In addition I think we should have ask the technicians on how to attach the camera to the tripod before leaving with it as some of our scenes did seem somewhat wonky due to the camera being poorly aligned before being taped to the tripod. Also when it comes to the actual filming process I think we should have planned it out a little better so as to include all the group in the process.

Well thats all for now, thanks for reading :).

No comments:

Post a Comment